Google
 
Web timesofindia.com
cricinfo.com filmsite.org

Sunday, June 19, 2005

MPD

Yesterday I saw a movie, 'Never Talk to Strangers', starring some dame and Antonio Banderas. The flavor of the movie : MPD. For those who have come across this term for the firs time, let me say ' you are lucky and bless you'. Hollywood movies and western thriller mongers love the MPD. ok, ok for those ignorant angels, MPD = Multiple Personality Disorder. A phenomenon very strong in American life. Be it sydney sheldon or movies like THE SECRET WINDOW or yesterdays movie I am discussing about, all love the MPD. It's cliche now and I vow not to have to do anything with it. Maybe its not me who is posting this obituary of the MPD from my life, maybe its my second personality. There could be many!!:)

Somehow, the americans like MPDs and UFOs and MIBs.......UFOs that are so abundant in US airspace that I am wondering how they have remained to be unidentified for so long!! These eerie objects dont want to violate any european or asian boundaries and all they do is wander aimlessly in the american skies for some hysterical american earthlings to sight them and shout on rooftops, UFOs UFOs UFOs.....

Americans also love sharks, spiders, dinosaurs, dragons, extra-terrestrials.....

Wait a minute! this is what makes hollywood so special. Movies of all types, all genres, on all kinds of myths and fables, on true stories, on life from outer space, on the american president, on living legends, on life..........

Ok, all my personalities admit that we love the hollywood movies, but please spare me any more MPDs...................

3 Comments:

Blogger Praveen said...

A film I remember having liked with the "Split Personality" theme was Primal Fear. I found the film pretty good

9:50 AM  
Blogger Buccaneer said...

yes praveen, Primal fear was a good one...

8:45 AM  
Blogger M said...

We agree with you too, Buccaneer. Some of us don't mind the many MPD movies and actually love the stuff. The others are die hard fans of Jim Carrey who actually may be afflicted with MPD himself! ;)

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home